Welcome to Pitch Progenitor, a writer-focused, contact-free, no cost outlet dedicated to pitching written works of all genres to industry professionals.
With a Pitch Progenitor writer profile, you can:
Post manuscript video pitches for your works.
Leave contact information so an industry professional can contact you about publishing your work.
With a Pitch Progenitor agent, editor or producer profile, you can:
Browse video pitches by genre, post date, word count, length of pitch, user or featured pitches.
Send messages to writers to ask questions about their works or request more materials like synopses or chapters.
Writers can join by using our sign up button and creating a user profile. Industry professionals can join by invite or request.
Guidelines for video pitching success.
- Pitch only a completed manuscript. If an agent or editor requests a full manuscript, you want to be able to deliver the goods.
- Edit your video. A sloppy, unedited video might signal to an agent that maybe your writing is also unedited.
- Show some enthusiasm. If you don’t care about your writing, why should they?
- Be mindful of lighting. No one wants to buy a manuscript from a mysterious deviant lurking in the shadows.
- Be equally as mindful of your audio. Two tons of enthusiastic exuberance won’t do you a bit of good if the editor can’t hear what it is you’re excited about.
- Keep it tight. Condensing your pitch to the essential information will reduce the length of your pitch. Agents and editors are insanely busy people. Limiting the length of your pitch will increase the number of industry professionals who have time to watch your video.
- Don’t send links, videos or manuscripts to an agent or editor unless they request them. These are smart people. They know how to use a search bar.